Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why won't my Huawei modem work with a 3 network sim?

Q. I have a Huawei E160 mobile broadband dongle. I bought it from O2, but is unlocked because it works with a t-mobile sim in it. However, when I put a 3 sim in nothing happens. I have the Mobile Partner software from Huawei and this recognises the phone number of the sim card under the properties tab, but nothing else.

Anyone know what I can do to get it to work with a 3 SIM?

A. Try Advanced Settings under the Settings tab when not connected and change the network provider. I have a Huawei E160 modem, mine is provided by 3 and connects to 3G. I can't remember who or what the Bearer is and I can't check it just yet as I am using the modem and the software will not allow access to the Advanced Settings when the modem is in use. I will check it later and see if I can improve on this answer.

What's the difference between Huawei E5331 & Huawei E586 (3 Mifi)?
Q. The Huawei E5331 is the new, budget model which is lower in price. However it is supposed to have all the same features as the original Huawei E586. Could someone tell me the differences as both are currently sold by the same suppliers.

A. Not a lot!
The main differences are the E586 has a more premium feel, has a SD card slot and a more detailed display. But performance wise both devices are the same




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment