Tuesday, January 22, 2013

How to get my asus cg5270 to run a radeon graphics card?

Q. Hello, I don't have a wide range of knowledge about computers but My Asus CG5270, running on Windows Vista, will not run a Radeon x1950xtx PCIE 512M( Got that from the back serial number). The screen doesn't even turn on when I put the graphics card into my computer. Any suggestions?

A. First question - do you have the 6-pin PCIe power cord plugged into the end of the video card? It needs that extra power (and you better have a 450+W power supply to provide it).

Second question - do you have the monitor cable attached to the card?

If answers 1 & 2 are Yes, then you may need to move the video cable back to the motherboard video port, reboot and go into BIOS. Find out where you can tell the graphics to boot from the PCI express slot rather than the onboard graphics. After making that change, move the monitor cable back to the new video card.

Or, it's always possible that your card is DOA.

How to get my asus CG5270 to run a radeon graphics card?
Q. Hello, I don't have a wide range of knowledge about computers but My Asus CG5270, running on Windows Vista, will not run a Radeon x1950xtx PCIE 512M( Got that from the back serial number). The screen doesn't even turn on when I put the graphics card into my computer. Any suggestions?

A. The video card has an extra port on it that needs to be connected to the power supply directly. There is usually a 4-pin molex connector that should have come in the package if your power supply doesn't have something that plugs in directly. If this is not connected, the video may display a warning or not boot up at all.

How can I make my Asus computer completely black but still be playing music while using it?
Q. I am running Windows 7 and I want to know how I can continue to play music when the screen is not lighted at all, it is blacked out while the charger is plugged in and while it is not plugged in. The session is still going sound wise but it is completely black. No light coming from the computer.

A. Just set the screen saver to blank and the time to whatever you want and run the music playlist.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment